My vacation is over and here I am to report back to my ever-growing public (don't fall off your chairs in laughter, it could happen...) about that oh so wonderful time of our lives, vacation.
well where does one start, I guess I could start with my dent, Dent? You ask, why start there, well that is where the hellish vacation starts, I dented my van, I take it to the repair ship, they tell me, ohh it'll take about 2 weeks for this to be fixed, at first I was going to go ahead and take the van and have the work done when I got back. But my representative assured me, I'd be able to take the rental car, even going so far as to call the rental company and asking if I could take the car out of state and finding out it had unlimited miles. So I take the rental, I take it to Georgia, and guess what, bad decision, very bad decision...
On the way to Georgia, everytime I'd be coming off an exit the oil light would flash on, the first time it did I stopped and put a quart of oil in the car, it was bone dry, well it kept doing it even after that. I get to Georgia, to Julie's house and talk to the rental company, they say, oh, just take the car to a particular oil changing company and have the oil changed on us. I tried unsuccessfully to let them know, I'm on vacation, I don't have time to drag, my things and my kids everywhere and that they needed to take the car (come pick it up) and give me one that worked... finally they brought another car, Julie and I get in it and go to get Rock Band from the store, while driving the wheel telltale light comes on... this light indicates that the air pressure in the tires is low! SO I drive it to the rental company and plead with them again, to not give me another lemon!
Finally I was given a car that didn't have any problems and I go on with my vacation. We were having a great time at Julie's, we went to the butterfly exhibit at Calaway Gardens, I went to Athens and saw my Aunt Karen and Uncle David, and cousins, and it was really a lot of fun. Then I call my friend Nicole who's housesitting for me while I'm away. She tells me did the body shop call you? Did they tell you the van was done early and you were being charged for eachday that the rental isn't turned in??? I was shocked!!! More than shocked really, numb! So many things had gone wrong with the rental car I thought well this about sounds right!
I went back to Julie's (she drove up and back with me)and called the body shop, the man I spoke, the man that had really encouraged me to actually go on vacation with the rental in the 1st place passed the buck! He said ohh that's just the rental companys policy!!!! You'll have to call them, well I didn't I called my insurance company (they had referred me to this company anyway)!
They spoke to the body shop and I'm quoting the insurance agent when he referred to the representative from the body shop, "well I didn't get that warm fuzzy feeling, he's a jerk", to make a long story short, I cut my vacation in half!!! I came home a week early, and the shop payed 2 days and the insurance company paid 2 days so I didn't have to pay for the rental. Which was horrible to deal with just in it's self.
So there's my vacation, it was fun with the exception of my car...
I had NO idea!!! I'm so sorry!!!
ReplyDeleteaww, Mandy, I am sorry it was so bad. I sure enjoy your blog though.
ReplyDeletemuch love,
Shannon