Saturday, July 19, 2008

Anxiety anyone?

If so I've got loads to spare. I had my orientation for Nursing school on Friday. When I woke up that morning, I was so full of panic and anxiety that I felt like my stomach was in my throat. I went to the orientation and found out that I had a very good reason to be anxious. They freaking scaried the crap out of me. To start with the schedule will be insane and I haven't even gotten babysitting lined up for the kids yet!! I was waiting to know the schedule, hoping it would be something simple, like going all day 3 days a week, but no, it's more like 4 days a week with some full days and some half. Second, someone asked, "are we going to know the times of our clinicals before we start school so I can set it up with my work", their reaction? It's not our fault you have a job!!! Someone asked a similar question about clinicals for daycare purposes, again, their reaction? Not our fault you have a family???!!!

To top it all off, I'm looking at my packet and noticing all the thing STILL needing to be done by the 28th of July, and ohhh did I mention I'm going out of town on Sunday for 2 weeks~! I rushed over to Financial Aid, and was told I would have to appeal my hours because "I have too many hours" I HAVE A DEGREE!! They did not care, it was policy and it would delay my financial aid for 2-4 weeks! I rush out of their, go to the cashier's office to pay for my drug screen and get the paperwork to were I could get my test done, all of which were closed at 4pm and not open on Saturday. It was 3pm at that time and I had NO idea how to get to them. I still had to rush over and order my scrubs and ran back to the car, grabbed the cell phone (thank goodness I had it today), called Kayla and had her mapquest an address for me. Rushed over to a Quest Diagnositic center, got my drug screen just barely I got there at 3:45!!

I started to panic, and felt like I was going to be sick all over again, I didn't think I'd be able to do this, it was too much, how in the world am I going to do this!! I called Julie and talked to her, she made me feel loads better, but I still have that tightened feeling in my chest !!!! How am I going to do this? What if I can't do this?? What about daycare?? Financial Aid?? Studying?? Will I be able to pull this off??

6 comments:

  1. wow that does sound so very busy. I hope things mellow out soon.
    shi

    ReplyDelete
  2. it does sound like a lot, but i hae faith inyou that you can do it!!! i love you keep your head up and try not to stress so bad everything will work out ok !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, thanks for commenting on my food blog, I really appreciate it. About the hummus, I thought that it tasted pretty similar to normal hummus, but I don't really think that eggplant has too strong of a flavor. It seemed that in parts it, the flavor was a little bit more pronounced, but overall, I thought it was close to hummus. I am not a picky person though. Hope that is helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And about the stress. If you feel that you are supposed to go to school right now, it will work out. I had my first child in the middle of a semester and somehow the babysitting and money all worked out and I was able to go full time for another year and a half until I graduated. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are going to do fine. Congrats on undertaking such a challenge- SUPER MOM!!! you will be guided through this sweetie!! it is just hard to remember that when you have deadlines and insensitive people around!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mandy, you amaze me!! I mean it too! You always have a smile on your face and are so kind to everyone. You'll do great in school and things will work out for your family. Your boys have a great mom!

    ReplyDelete