Monday, July 7, 2008

4th of July Celebration


We had a lovely 4th of July. The day before, Sophie and I decided to teach the kids about the flag and have the kids make t-shirts with the flag on it. The funny thing about this is the questions that the kids came up with while Sophie was teaching them. Before I started the video camera or perhaps because of it was of the observations of Cregan and Jack.


Imagine if you will, Sophie with her all her teacheriness on, teaching my kids about the flag, Cregan raises his hand, polite, what a polite kid he is, I think, he is obviously going to make a profound statement of some sort on the history of our US flag... "Mrs. Sophie", he says, "When I grow up, I'm going to marry my brain." To which Jack raises his hand, "Well I'm going to beat my brain with a bat". So from that point on, I have to film this event, so that if anything else is said that amuses me or that I can hold to blackmail the kids with in the future, I will have taped...


The next day, was ofcourse rainy, just like last year, (do we live in Washington state or Ohio, geez). We trotted over to the Westerville Parade with Crystal and Zack, Sophie, Mike and Jack, and we caught up with the Lish's there. We had a great time watching the floats go by. I think instead of the 4th of July parade, I'll call it reverse Halloween, reverse Halloween, because my kids got as much candy as they would have Halloween trick or treating except they didn't have to go anywhere the candy was brought to them, including yummy yummy Cheryl & Co cookies!!


After the parade, everyone came to my house and also Sophie's mom and step-dad and we grilled out and ate and ate and ate! It was a grand old time of not counting calories or WW points, and then we all played a fun round of Catch Phrase. We had a great 4th, Happy Birthday USA!! And thank you to the troops (my baby Josh especially) for fighting to keep Independence Day going on!

3 comments:

  1. What a excellent holiday. I love that your son is going to marry his brain. That's so funny and awesome.
    shi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds link a great time! And what is UP with the weather- huh?
    I love your cute polka dot blog face... So fun! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No FAIR! You got candy at your parade! I was asking for candy from one float and they laughed at me! We went to the Upper Arington parade. It was great fun even without the candy. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete