Cregan starts preschool and is excited as all get out about it! He's bursting at the seams to "get the heck outta here". He will be starting a new preschool this year at Hawthorne Elementary which turns out to be where he'll go to Kindergarden as well, so it turned out really well.
Cregan was going last year as a typical child (that's the term used by the Westerville School Program) for the Special Needs Program offered by Westerville School System. Towards the end of the year, the teacher asked if she could speak to me after school. I immediately thouht, OH no, has Cregan been making guns out of legos AGAIN.. but it wasn't that at all. She asked if I'd mind having him tested for delayments in Gross and Fine Motor Skills. I agreed ofcourse, and he was tested and was found to have a delayment in his Sensory Perception, which affects him in different ways. I'd always assumed he had inherited his mom's clumsiness and probably still did, but this explained why he couldn't walk 5 steps without falling over nothing... So now, he'll have a Occupational Therapist and Physical Therapist work with him and hopefully, soon all of this will be a non-issue! However, thank GOD for those teachers and therapist who thought of Cregan when they really didn't need to, didn't have to, but did anyway. They went above and beyond their job description and I'm thankful for them!
Yeah preschool!!! I'm so glad that caught it early and are working with him. What excellent teachers he has.
ReplyDeleteI haven't chekced on you (or me, for that matter) lately! You have been a busy Momma!! It looks like you've had a lot of fun between parties and school! I loved the "Cars" for the party, what a cute idea! The boys are gwowing so quickly! Beautiful chilren.
ReplyDeleteOkay, where did you find the TMNT backpack? Our kids are crazy about Ninja Turtles! Sounds like he has some great teachers!
ReplyDelete