We had an Ironrod Swing on the back porch that was on the pool, and a huge tree limb across the fence between the backyard and the pool side, it broke part of the fence and just tree limbs everywhere! No electricity for atleast 24hours, which was interesting, it really made me think of my food storage and all the other things needed in my emergency supplies. Sophie and Mike came over and we pulled all the limbs to the front of the house and cut up what we could, although I'll need a chainsaw for some of the stuff. I can't imagine what Texas must be like!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Hurricane Ike in Ohio
So here's the damage from the winds on Sunday to our house!




We had an Ironrod Swing on the back porch that was on the pool, and a huge tree limb across the fence between the backyard and the pool side, it broke part of the fence and just tree limbs everywhere! No electricity for atleast 24hours, which was interesting, it really made me think of my food storage and all the other things needed in my emergency supplies. Sophie and Mike came over and we pulled all the limbs to the front of the house and cut up what we could, although I'll need a chainsaw for some of the stuff. I can't imagine what Texas must be like!
We had an Ironrod Swing on the back porch that was on the pool, and a huge tree limb across the fence between the backyard and the pool side, it broke part of the fence and just tree limbs everywhere! No electricity for atleast 24hours, which was interesting, it really made me think of my food storage and all the other things needed in my emergency supplies. Sophie and Mike came over and we pulled all the limbs to the front of the house and cut up what we could, although I'll need a chainsaw for some of the stuff. I can't imagine what Texas must be like!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh no! That is incredible! I would have never thought it could be that bad way up in Ohio. Glad you had some people to help you clean it up. Take care of yourself!
ReplyDeleteOh, and btw, I love the new background on your blog! Very cute!
ReplyDeleteGood grief Mandy the wind hardly blew around here.
ReplyDelete