Monday, April 28, 2008

my big boy

So I have a test on Saturday of this week, so instead of studing (like I should be doing), I do this thing called, tell me if you ever heard of it, AVOIDANCE!!!! So part of my sick and twisted avoidance process is to take the kids to the park on Thursday night, instead of just letting them sit infront of the TV... So we are at the park, and first off let me tell you how very, very proud of my middle son, Cregan, this is the 1st time he's ever rode his bike to the park and he did excellent.

But the story of my big boy is about Clay. We are at the park in our neighborhood and he's riding in the huge circle around the park with some friends he knows from school, I'm keeping a look out and notice towards the end of the circle, he catches the back of his leg with the pedal. I cringe, thinking, here it comes the crying and screaming and I'm going to have to load him up in the wagon with his bike and trek home. I'm waiting... and waiting... and he doesn't cry, scream, etc. He just says to be mom, look I hurt myself and then goes and plays with his friends.
An hour goes by, it's time to go home, we say goodbye to his friends and then it starts, "mom, my leg hurts, mom I need a bandaid, mom I need ice." We finally get home and I get all the kids bathed, showered, teeth brushed, pj's on. Clay comes limping out to me saying, "mom, I can't go to school tomorrow, my leg hurts too bad..."

That's my big boy :0

1 comment:

  1. he definately is a big boy now. last time i saw him he couldnt even talk. when are you gonna come see me?

    ReplyDelete