Thursday, December 6, 2007

Hughes family rights and priviledge

Hughes Family Rights and Privileges


I have the right to wear clothing.
It is a privilege to wear clothes without, vomit, spit up, blood, or boogers all over them.

We have the right to make brownies and cookies.
It is a priviledge to eat one that doesn't have a hair in it!

I have the right to leave my house on occasion.
It is a privilege to do so ALL BY MYSELF!


I have the right to sleep at night.
It is a priviledge to do so without someone young in the bed or someone crying in the background.

I have the right to go to the bathroom whenever I feel the need.
It is a privilege to get to shut the door and go alone.

I have the right to a noon meal and several snacks.
It is a privilege to have my own plate of food, not just kids half eaten leftovers.

I have the right to listen to music during the day.
It is a privilege to listen to my music over ABC's.

I have the right to sit and relax on occasion as I may need rest.
It is a privilege to sit down and not have wrestle time declared.

I have the right talk to my friends on the phone.
It is a privilege to do so without any fights, injuries, or accidents occuring during that 5 minutes.

I have the right to brush my teeth.
It is a privilege to KNOW that no one else has used my toothbrush on their teeth, or for other random uses.

I have the right to receive love.
It is a privilege to receive slobbery kisses, tiny hugs, and hear “I wuv u”.

I have the right to choose my destiny.
It is a privilege to be chosen by three souls to be their guide and protector on this earth.

I have the right to serve myself and my needs.
It is a privilege to learn humility by putting the needs of others before my own.

I have the right to read an adult book with no pictures.
It is a privilege to read Country Farm 14 times in a row and make ALL the animal sounds.

I have the right to dine out at fancy restaurants.
It is a privilege to wipe spaghetti sauce off the walls and table and then do dishes.

I have the right to write emails all day.
It is a privilege to be reminded by a tug on the arm that there is more to life than that.

I have the right to my own personal space.
It is a privilege to have that space invaded by the critters I love most in this world.

I have the right to be a woman and choose my career.
It is a privilege to choose motherhood.

I have the right to work hard and earn money.
It is a privilege to be able to do that from my home.


This is from my friend Kami and I've adopted it for my household too.

1 comment: