This birthday was a difficult one for me. I turned 50. It was difficult, 50 is old for me, my parents both passed away in their 50's. It means I'm so much closer to the end of my life. I know, I know... logically I know that my parents are the anomaly, most people don't pass away before retiring. But that fear of 50 was not a logical fear.
So having told you the above, how amazing is my husband. He tells me a week before that we were going away for the weekend of my birthday. He wouldn't tell me where but finally told me we were flying somewhere. I was beyond frustrated because, grrr I hate surprises... (its a control thing, I'm working on it - Bob is helping...clearly)
So, we get packed, get in the car, get to the airport and finally he tells me he is taking me home. Home as in back to Georgia. Back to my roots. We got in the plane, landed in Atlanta, got a rental car, drove to Warner Robins where he had booked a room.
The next morning, we went to Hawkinsville, put flowers on my parents and sister's grave, went by my old home which is now empty and should be torn down and just around Hawkinsville. But it was so neat to show Bob where I grew up, my history.
I got to see my stepmother Angie, I had her on my mind for a while and was so happy I got to see her and my stepsister Melissa. Just this week, I found out Angie passed away and I'm so grateful, I saw her one more time.
That evening, Bob said we were going out, that I should dress up. However, he was coming in and out of the room, saying he needed to stretch his legs or that he needed to do something. I kinda thought something was up. Then we got on the elevator, and I asked him are we going to dinner.. alone? And he said nope... out of the elevator, there was Jody and Tonya with pizza, a cake, a tierra and sash and more of my friends from my childhood kept coming in. It was so amazing. I got to see some of my friends that I haven't seen for years. I loved it.
The next morning, we went to see Betty - Tonya's grandma in her nursing home and then we went to Tonya's for some amazing food and fun times.
The next morning we flew home. The boys while I was gone had decorated the house with balloons and streamer, they had made me a cake and they had gotten me presents!! That was pretty amazing too.
Overall, I felt so very, very loved and it made turning 50 not bad. It made me see how blessed I am in this life.
Wednesday, August 7, 2024
The big 5-0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment