Personal History #8: What was your childhood bedroom like?
My childhood bedroom changed, when I was younger, I shared a room with my sister Tonya. We had barbies and paper dolls and we would play often with them. As I got older, Tonya moved back and forth to her moms and then back to her dads (with us). We had a bunk bed then. I was infatuated with Kirk Cameron from the show Growing Pains, so I had posters of him all over my wall. Later, 21 Jump Street came on the air and I found Johnny Depp to be so cute, so slowly my Kirk Cameron posters were replaced with Johnny. I had a stereo, I don't remember when I got it, but that was usually playing on the local rock radio station, or a tape of some type. When I was in high school, Tonya and I got TVs in our room, and from that point my bedroom was in full teenage mood. I try to remember that when my teenager basically never comes downstairs from his room anymore, that this is exactly what I did too. I kept my paper dolls though, all through childhood and even have them now somewhere in my basement.
No comments:
Post a Comment