Personal History 7:
Think about your house growing up. What was it like?
I moved a lot of times until I got to the 9th grade. My mom and stepdad decided to purchase a couple of acres and a single wide trailer on a red brick dirt road. It was small, 2 bedroom, 2 bath house, it never felt small however. My stepdad built another bedroom and a sitting room after I was in college.
When I went back with sister recently, it was empty (we sold it after our parents passed) and the house was so tiny. There's something to be said for a house full of love, it really did make that home huge growing up.
Because we purchased the lot, there wasn't many trees. So my parents planted all the trees, bushes, flowers.
We didn't have a driveway, so one dad, Jody, my stepdad came home with asphalt. He dropped it and we all got out there with rakes and tried to level it. It's comical, there are bumps and missing gaps. But we did it.
There were so many memories in that home, both happy and sad. I can only hope that one day my kids look back in our home here in Marysville and remember the love and memories they had there like Tonya and I do when we remember our Hawkinsville home.
No comments:
Post a Comment