Saturday, October 28, 2023

Super Smash Brother Tournament 2023


Cregan states one evening, I'm going to Detroit next week for the Me-lee Tournament.  Of course , I had questions, what is a Me-lee, where are you staying, how are you getting there, so on and so forth.  

Well a Me-lee tournament is a gathering of gamers in Detroit, there's many different events happening that weekend, but the main event is the Super Smash Brothers tournament that happens on Sunday afternoon.  

I was wary of Cregan going to a different state, not because he isn't capable of doing it, but his car might not have been.  He had no plans on where he was staying yet and that frightened me too.  Oh, and besides his car being questionable, it didn't lock, like at all, so that made me a little nervous.  I asked him if he would mind me taking him and for a birthday gift paying for the room and food for the weekend.  He finally agreed.  We set off for Detroit, spent Friday night with Julie and then started to the event on Saturday.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was actually really fun, there were 100's of teens, young adults there, some in costume, some not.  But everyone harmoniously in tune to this gaming world that Cregan lives in.   And Sunday when the tournament was in the final rounds, the group all watching the event on the big screen, it was exciting and inviting, even for someone that can hardly figure out the buttons on the controllers, to cheer for the winners. 



No comments:

Post a Comment