As I mentioned in the last entry, I'm trying to write more personal history so here goes
1. Write about your name. Where did it come from ? What does it mean?
My birth name is Mandy Leigh Miller.
I have always hated that my name was simply Mandy and not Amanda. I thought the name Mandy made me sound vapid and spacey and that Amanda was a name with some depth.
When I was younger, I thought it would be nice for people to call me Leigh but that didn't quite pan out. I simply was a Mandy. The name Leigh was given to me by my godfather, not sure who he was really as he wasn't involved in my life. But he must have been important to my mom and dad at some point to be given the honor of caring his name. These are the questions I yearn to ask my parents, but alas can not.
I do
remember asking my mom once when I was younger why she called me Mandy, she told me it was from a set of books called Milly Molly Mandy. I actually have some in one of my trunk stashes with items from my teenage years, I've never read them but I have them.
I know, if I had been a boy, my name would have been Cregan. It was my great grandfathers name and I ended up naming my middle child that name. It is unique and he fits it, he is pretty unique himself.

No comments:
Post a Comment