This 4th of July kinda had lost its thunder for me before it had even begun, I was just not looking forward to celebrating when I didn't have my husband by my side, I know he is fighting for why we celebrate the 4th and all, but I just really was craving him, I just wanted him close on that day. All in all, it turned out to be a fantastic day, thanks to friends and family. First off, Amber had signed the boys up to march in the YMCA float for a parade over in Columbus (Karl Rd parade)
, which is not what I usually do, which is go to the Westerville parade, so I went with a bad attitude but ended up having a blast and enjoying the community feeling from the neighborhood and churches in the area serving cotton candy and popsicles (sugar does it for me apparently) afterward Amber and the kids and I jetted over to Westerville parade, getting our usual spot by Favoli's, we have claimed it for about 5 years now with the exception of last year when the parade was re-routed and we had to go to a new location, it was good to be back in my old spot with Amber and Rachael and my cute neice and nephews
and then I had them and the Christoff's (minus Sophie who was sick) and the Laugheads over for a grill out and just playing games. Most of the games were inside since it was so stinking hot (what a year not to open the pool...) anyway later in the evening we squeezed into a spot off at the side of a building and watched the fireworks which I don't usually do (1. because I hate the crowds of Red, White and Boom and 2. Josh usually does fireworks at the house for the kids and I) but it was a lot of fun and I loved the not so big crowds of the Westerville parade vs Columbus. All in all, it was a good 4th, I just wished Josh was there to see it too. It's one of my favorite holidays, especially with the pool and all the yummy summer food (watermelon...) and family and parades and fireworks, I mean really what's not to love..
Here's the boys the night before at Red, White and Boom with Amber