obviously my reputation for being a bad driver precedes me....Tanya is trying to help me up the cliff, we were almost peeing our pants because I kept slipping, finally she gets me half way up, but drops her gum in my hair and shortly after I bang my head on the rocks, it's a wonder I didn't fall off that cliff...

Me posing for the camera (this is my new picture for incentive to lose weight...)



This year for vacation we went back to Summersville. Only this time we went with Josh's entire family. Josh's parents stayed in a cabin, Ryan (Josh's brother) and wife and 1 of their kids, Tanya (Josh's sister) and her husband and 3 kids and Kayla (Josh's baby sister) and her husband and 2 kids all stayed in tents. We got up to Summersville late because Josh was trying his hardest to get the boat working (alas it never did get to work). And we ended up staying in a cabin too. We stayed at Summersville Lake Retreat and it was a very nice, private facility.
It rained most of the time, but there was one day that we got a boat and went on the lake, the lake is 361 feet and is surrounded by big green trees, cliffs and waterfalls, it's beautiful! We swam and jumped off of cliffs.
The boys went out together and the girls went out together (there's too much of us to all go together now) and apparently Cregan did a front flip off the cliff (trying to download video of it)
It looks like so much fun! I can't believe the kids even got in on the act, of jumping off rocks! So brave! I prove to be a whimp regarding heights. Happy end of summer!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like sooooo much fun! Your story is so funny... how the gum fell in your hair and then you hit your head. I know at the time it was not funny, but that sounds like something that would happen to me! :)
ReplyDelete