Friday, December 12, 2008

Parent Teacher Conferences

This Thursday and Friday the boys both had the day off! They had there parent teacher conferences. What is the school system thinking having conferences in the middle of December anyway... first it's hard on mom's and dad's everywhere to figure out shopping for the kids while the kids are in school, and then there's the whole factor of explaining to the kids "oh you are out of school, but umm no Santa yet..." and finally there's the whole 2 whole days off with my kids when I'm going to be having 3 whole weeks off with them very very soon. I know, I know, I'm complaining.

Especially since I had a great too days with the kiddos. On Thursday we went to the Y, and then to the Schlastic Book Fair and the kids each got a book, and then to McDonald for lunch, and then home for naps and movie, in the afternoon we went to parent teacher conferences, first Clay's and then Cregan's (there teachers raved and raved about them), after that we went to the Festival of Lights in Delaware area and saw Santa. After that we all (Crystal and Zack came with us) went to Krispy Kreme Donuts and got donuts and milk! Great day...

Today (Friday) we went pick up lights and decorations for the Christmas party at the church, then we decorated the church. In the evening we went to the Christmas party, it was so fun, we had a nice dinner and then had a visit from Santa in the Relief Society Room and then we all came back to the Gym and the kids performed the Nativity Scene, Clay was an angel and Cregan was a sheep! It was a great evening too...

So maybe Parent teacher conferences aren't so very bad..

No comments:

Post a Comment