Collin celebrated his birthday with a Disney Car's themed party. I wanted him to have a great party, I know he won't remember it, but I had all this guilt about not throwing him a 1st birthday party, instead I threw a party for Josh. So this year I decided to go all out. I recruited the help of Sophie to decorate the cake, which turned out great!! It was 2 round cakes put side by side and iced and then crushed oreo around the edges and piped green icing in the center and piped green on the edges and for the "race track", we used tic tacs! I had Lightening McQueen on the cake and made Black and White checked flags out of scrap paper, a Sharpie and toothpicks. I put Guido and Luigi on there, viola, one gorgeous Cars' themed cake. My friend Crystal helped me with the decorating and the next day helped with the cooking. We decorated the dining room with black and red streamers and white balloons and at first I was going to be creative and make a checked board table cloth from a white table cloth and a sharpie but thought better of it after about 2 hours of drawing vertical lines and getting NO where... I ended up buying the Car's themed tablecloth. For the activities, I was going to have pin the hood on Mater, but time didn't allow it to happen, but the kids decorated plastic visors with Lightening McQueen stickers and paint and colored pictures when they came in, then we ate hotdogs, chips and pork and beans, opened the presents and we all had cake and then we got to play on our own "race track". I had been working on making these boxes for about 2 weeks and they turned out so much better than I thought they would! I found a website that gave you a 360 degree view of the cars characters and I drew the four sides on the boxes, I had ofcouse Lightening McQueen, Sally, Mater, Doc Hudson, also Luigi, Guido, Ramone, Flo, and Filmore and the kids got to race around the track that Papa made for the kids outside! It was so fun, although Collin wasn't really into it, his brothers and cousins loved it! Lastly, I sent each of the kids home with I think an awfully cute treat bag! I found these foamy make it yourself race track at Joann Fabrics regularly $9.99 for .97! They came with this cute box, so in the box I put a box of Car's themed crayons that I got at Dollar Tree 4 for a buck and a little thing of bubbles that I got at Target and then I put a Car's themed sticker on the outside, along with a note thanking them for coming to Collin's 2nd Birthday! It was soooo fun.
You are such a fun mom. I love all the hard work you put into it.
ReplyDeleteYou are so creative! What a cute idea for a B.D. party. I bet the kids had a blast! and we loved that movie--even tho my kids are 14 and 16.
ReplyDeleteyou are so creative, it just floors me how you are able to get all this done!! You are so cool!
ReplyDeleteSO CUTE and very creative! I just love the birthday cake!!!!
ReplyDelete