Personal History #5
Do you have siblings? Write about them.
I'm loving writing about my personal history. I've wanted to do this for a long time, primarily for me but also for my kids. Many of the people that I'm writing about in these entries, my kids have never met and that includes most all my siblings.
I have a lot of siblings, half, whole and step...
Keven Young - my oldest brother, he was my mom's first child with her first husband. I think I met Kevin when I was a baby, I don't know much if anything about him. I have tried to touch base with him for years through social media but have never been able to get him to respond. He has red hair, lives in Australia.
Christopher Young - my mom's 2nd child. I met Chris when my sister passed away in 1989. I remember he was very kind. Chris also lives in Australia. He most recently got married, he travels a lot.
Ian Lee - My bonus brother. If you read my post about my mom, you will find out that Ian was given up for adoption as a baby. I never knew he even existed until 2001. I got to meet him when I went to England twice. I'm so lucky to have him in my life. He works in construction, lives in England. Married and has 3 kids.
Michaela Miller Rabon my oldest sister. My mom's first daughter. Mickey is what she went by was the product of my mom and her boyfriend Gus. She was raised by my mom and dad and I didn't know she was a half sister until I was in double digits. Mickey had 3 kids - Benjamin, Matthew and Meggan. I would go spend the summers with her and her family. Even though I was younger than her, she was always kind, inclusive and loving to me. She was killed by a drunk driver in 1989 while her, her husband and her 3 kids were heading to dinner.
Carl Miller - my only full sibling. Carl lived with our dad and I would see him every other weekend. Carl joined the marines after high school. He was married a few times but never worked out. Most recently, he found a long ago love again (from high school) and they eloped in 2022. He seems very happy. He has a son, Ty, I was so happy when he told me he was having a son. I'm pretty sure the Miller name was going to end with him.
Eric Stoker - my step brother. Eric is my step brother from my dad and his wife Angie. Funny story about my step mother and step siblings. We knew Angie and Joe when my parents were married and stationed in England. I played games with Eric and Melissa when I was just a little kid. Eric is married to a Melissa and they have 2 children - Savannah and Hudson.
Stephanie Pierce - my step sister. Stephanie was my step sister from my mom and my step dad Jody. Stephanie was 3 years older than me, she was always liked by anyone who met her and if you really got to know her, it was hard not to just love her. She was killed while driving to work back at 1994. She was engaged and had already picked out her wedding dress. Both myself and my younger sister Tonya wore her wedding dress in our first marriages in honor of her.
Melissa Stoker - my step sister. Melissa was Eric's sister. She was a year younger than me, we were close growing up, even though I only saw her every other weekend. Melissa has one daughter, Cora from her first marriage. She remarried a few years back and she seems really happy. We haven't really stayed in touch, its hard when I live so far away.
Tonya Curry - my step sister. Tonya is Stephanie's younger sister. Tonya is 3 years younger than me. We are the closest out of all my other siblings. Most of this is due to the loss of Mickey and Stephanie and my mom and step dad. We feel like we are all that is left of our family unit growing up, and truthfully we are. Tonya came into my life when she was 3 and I was 6, and we lived together for the most part the majority of the time. Tonya was married to Robert and had Alex, they divorced and then she married Jason and had Jody.
No comments:
Post a Comment