Sunday, May 8, 2022

Mother Day

 Mother's Day is always bitter sweet for me.  I lost my mom in 2001, the same year I became I mom.  I was pregnant with Clayton, swollen ankles, waddling posture while burying my mom and step dad.  It was a horrific time, but the moment I held my baby boy in my arms, all my trauma of loss only a few month earlier, all the moments when I felt I just could not bear to be in this world without my mom in it too, all the fear of how was I going to handle this life without my mom, was instantly washed away.  I looked at this beautiful boy and just knew, right away, that I was his mom, and he would know he was loved.  

I miss my mom, even now, 21 years later, I ache to hear her voice telling me how much she loved me, to feel her arms wrapped around me securing me in my place in the world.  Also, I know I was lucky enough to have a perfect example of what a mom should be for 26 years!  I knew I was loved unconditionally, I call myself very lucky to have her as long as I did.  

I hope I can be that type of mom to my 3 boys, because each one of my boys is so very loved by their mom.  And I'm so very lucky to be their mom!  Happy heavenly Mother's Day Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment