My new fear, isn't one that is tangible. I can't define it in one way or another except my fear now is that something is going to happen to my boys. You know when your kids are babies and every possible scenario goes through your head? 'Oh they may choke on that!' Or remember the fear when they went to the bathroom publicly for the first time and you watch everyone going in and time how long it should be and at what point you are bursting through the bathroom doors no matter what..! This really can't be just me, other have to know what it's like too...right?
I thought when they get older this fear will go away, but if anything the fear has increased, because now I'm less in control of the factors of their lives... In a year my oldest will be driving, and then there's a whole new set of intense fear.
I still fear someone will hurt them, physically or otherwise. My love for them knows no bounds, as well as this fear that I will see them hurt. The world is a cruel, dangerous place and at age 18 we are throwing our children to the wolves...not necessarily...but...
The rational side of me knows they will be ok but the protective motherly side of me says, what's wrong with sheltering them until they are 50!?

No comments:
Post a Comment