Friday, February 27, 2015

Wonder Woman

You ever feel like you are literally doing it ALL...?  All the bills, the laundry, the dishes, the bathrooms, the dinners, the appointments, the homework, the bedtime rituals, the sweeping, the vacuuming, the prayers, the nagging, the grocery shopping, the dusting, the organizing and you even work to boot...   I sometimes feel like that, and I don't think I'm alone.   My kids will wait hours for me to come home from work, met me at the door to tell me how hungry they are and ask me to make them something to eat.  Last week, my son refused to get himself a glass of milk, choosing to go thirsty over making the cup himself.   

But I have this constant feeling like I'm failing in some way, ALL THE TIME.  If I'm not spending time with the kids, I'm a horrible mother.  If I'm not cleaning my house and making a great dinner, I'm a horrible wife.  If I'm not working full time or at least picking up hours for others who ask, I'm a horrible coworker.  But those things don't make me a horrible person and I absolutely know I can't do it all, and frankly I DON'T WANNA!   I don't want to be a door mat and I don't want to feel like one either.  

So I resolve to be a Wonder Woman to myself some, to allow myself to relax a little, to spend quality time with my kids and husband but not time spent in servitude to them.  And most importantly to let go of the idea that I'm somehow horrible if I can't do it all.   After all, Wonder Woman was a fictional character.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment