Sunday, May 1, 2011

Health fair



















We are at the VERY END of a long journey in our family. I'm just about done with school!! My final is done and I just finished my 2 healthfairs, and all I have left now is the pinning ceremony next week. Well actually I have to pass the state boards, that's kina a HUGE deal, but as far as Columbus State Community College goes it's over!!


The health fair was really nice, we had the first one at the college and it was nice and all but the one the next day was even better. We did the Health Fair in downtown and it was not the nice side of downtown if you get my drift. We were in a church that holds a free store, where people can come in and "shop" for clothes for free. As I looked around at the different people coming in, it really hit me these people need to see this health fair stuff more than anyone else. As I see a mother with 2 kids walk by and take some pamplets for Domestic Violence, or see an elderly man get screened for diabetes it makes it worthwhile! Also we got to go help with the free store and that was amazing! I will definetly be back and want to bring the boys and let them see how fortunate we are.