
Josh came home last Tuesday and says "I think we should take this extra money we have a replace the kitchen cabinets" Of course there was screaming and yelling that we didn't have THAT much extra money and no we shouldn't replace the cabinets especially right now before he goes to Afganistan... He kept on and made tons of great point, like my father in law had most of the wood, that they could get it done before he left, that it was a good investment, ladadadadada, I relented (as I'm sure he knew I would), and as I was leaving he got a mallet out and moved thing around and was tearing out the walls!!!
What he did shocked and surprised me, he tour out the walls from the dining room to the kitchen and the living room to the kitchen. We have a typical 1970's house where every room is a room, no openness at all. Well NOT AN MORE!! It's open completely, just one big room. Now Josh has plans to build an island and replace the cabinets and countertops, I KNOW, KNOW, KNOW we are going over budget, but what do you do at this point....
Hears praying it's done before 2012! :)