Friday, January 15, 2010

Explanation of the war


I have the best babysitter in the world, she's funny and interactive with the kids, however her views of politics don't necessarily mesh with my views and we know this and respect eachother still. Well, the other day Clay was talking to my babysitter and was saying my dad went to war, and he's a soldier, and then asked her, "Why did we start the war?" - My babysitter stopped there and thought, well Mandy would be pissed if I told him my opinion on this so she did the smart thing and asked him, "Why do you think the war started?" Here's his explanation...

Well, there was some bad guys that came into the other United States and these bad guys hurt some people, and because my dad is a other United States person he wanted to go and help the good people that were hurt and get the bad people that hurt them. My babysitter stopped him here, "other United States? What's this?" - Oh, he says, you know there's the Ohio United States and the other United States, well I'm born here (which he wasn't) so I'm part of the Ohio United States, but my dad wasn't from here so he's part of the other United States. He continued by saying you know the Ohio United State people, there the ones that say O H I O with there hands...

3 comments: