Saturday, October 25, 2008

Week in Review

This week was chaotic. To start on Monday I had a doctor's appointment, for my blood pressure. You see in labs, my BP would always run really high, finally my instructor took me aside and asked me to have it checked out. So I went, it was fine but I asked my doctor about a little spot on my stomach, ohh it's nothing, just an "age spot".... What in the world, I'm stressed to the point of high BP and now I'm getting age spots. What next, fitting me for glasses????

That was Monday...

Tuesday came, I had my clinicals at 8:00 AM, but have to fight traffic so badly that I have to leave 45 minutes before. After Clinical, I go to campus and take my first test in Nursing School.... get my results when I get home, 76!!! Hip HIp Hooray, a 76, I passed, BARELY. You see, in Nursing School, a 76 is the last digit before getting a F for the class. A 76-84 is a C!! That night, my back hurt really bad, so I took 1/2 of a muscle relaxer, did my homework and studied, and slumped off to bed.

Then comes the hazy day, not a weather thing, no a state of mind thing, I was so "out" of it because of that dumb 1/2 pill muscle relaxer... I couldn't function, it took lots of energy drinks, 3 to be exact and a Speedway cola to get me going. Went to class, and came home and studied with some friends in the evening time, until around midnight... Wendesday

Thursday comes, and I get up early, Kayla comes over to watch the kids, I leave early, because if you aren't in class in your seat at 8AM they close the doors and you are just out of luck!! So I was in class and ready, and I actually made an 87 on this test! Not too bad I think, then I had Lab and then came home to Kayla and the kids, and Jack. That night Kayla, Jon and her girls and Racheal and her kids took Clay and Cregan to the Trunk or Treat and Collin and I went to Children's for his sleep study.

I wish I had pictures from his sleep study, it was pretty pitiful, he had so many little electrodes all over his head and face and things all over his body, and in his nose. He cried and cried, and kept tugging at the cords, finally around 2:30AM they came in and put little towel around his arms so that he couldn't bend them. He finally fell asleep and then it felt like a blink of an eye and they were waking us up, he was ready to go home though. He kept saying, "bye, c-ya, go home mommy, go home". He's very cute... anyway, I think he'll have to get his tonsils out, I'll have an appt. with the doctor sometime next week and find out the results of the test...

Friday, I was beat! I sat on the couch and let the kids run free in the house. I got Jack at noon, and then Mike and Sophie went out for the evening and Jack got to spend the night. On Saturday, the kids went to Grandma's and Jack went home and I went to the cannery to can some food storage.

All in all it wasn't an exceptionally bad week, just mentally exhausting (well really only the 2 tests, but you know)...

2 comments:

  1. wow, do I ever feel your pain! I know I have it so much easier than you but I sure feel the pressure between a family, school, house... etc. Good luck to you... and remember, one day our children will be gone and we will wonder where the time went...haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that was stressful reading. You are so super busy. I feel for you. age spot what's that all about. I found a crazy lady chin hair and about died. aahhh the joys of aging.
    shi

    ReplyDelete