Sunday, June 14, 2009

Nothing bigger than your elbow...

Clay had been complaining for a few days that his ear hurt, that something was inside his ear. He has a history of ear infections and when he was complaining that he didn't want to play baseball but rather go to the doctor, I knew something was up. Saturday appointments in doctors office's stink, you wait and wait and wait, and I had all the kiddos with me... after a long wait though, the doctor comes in and looks in his ear, she says something is definetly in their but not to worry it's probably just a tube... The nurse comes in and sprays water into his ear and finally a little piece of something jets out. What you ask?? A pencil tip!!!! That's right, he doesn't remember sticking a pencil in his ear, so appartently pencil tips grow legs and climb into ears now, be on the lookout!

3 comments:

  1. Are you kidding me? I've been having problems with my own ears, and I'm seriously thinking about getting them cleaned out by the doctor. I'm scared what may come out...34 years worth. Hmmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! Poor Clay, that must have really hurt! Tadje did the same thing last year in school. "No, no I didn't put anything in there" And then, we got in the car. "Oh, yes, now I remember." I did put a little rock in there during reading time at school....I didn't know! " :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha..poor clay! at least it was just the end of the pencil...it could have been alot worse!! i got your text...i'll let you know about july. girls camp ends july 1. let me know when you have a phone!

    ReplyDelete